Recently one of my friends have recommended me a very interesting article “100 Incredible Things Learned Watching 70 Hrs TED Talks last Week”. This article is not only about productivity, but here are 11 lessons that I personally have found interesting and appealing. Links in the text will take you to the specific TED talk for that particular point. Enjoy!
11 Lessons from hours of TED Talks about productivity and life
- The greatest leaders and companies constantly reflect on WHY they do what they do, instead of simply doing it.
- Studies have shown that what motivates a person the most (in non-factory-type work) is how much autonomy, mastery, and purpose they have, not how much money they make.
- A lot of people aspire to be productive so they can become happier, but happiness has been shown to lead to productivity, not the other way around.
- Taking time off can make you a lot more productive, because time away from your work lets you explore, reflect, and come up with better ideas.
- A great way to kill two birds with one stone: have walking meetings, where you walk and talk to someone at the same time. It’s great exercise, and it speeds up the meeting.
- You don’t have as much attention to give to the world around you as you think. You can’t recall memories while processing new data, you can only process so much information at once, and your attention is easily manipulated (like by magicians).
- When you create an environment for your employees that makes them truly happy (instead of just rich), more profits may follow.
- Success isn’t a destination, it’s a continuous journey that’s made up of eight parts: passion, hard work, focus, pushing yourself and others, having great ideas, making constant improvements, serving others, and persistence.
- If you want to make better long-term decisions, imagine how your decisions will affect your future-self.
- If you’re arguing with someone to win the argument, you’re doing it for the wrong reasons. You should be arguing to learn.
- To save more money, commit to saving more money, tomorrow.
These lessons and principles will help you to become more productive and live a meaningful life.
Have a great day! 🙂
You might also enjoy:
Get a FREE 7-Day Course
A FREE 7-day email course "Simplify Your Workday in 7 Days" will help you to get the most important things done at work with less stress and fewer hours. Sign up and instantly get the first lesson to your inbox.